Imari Walker Karega
Doctoral Candidate - Civil and Environmental Engineering
Imari’s research examines how environmental factors influence the release and transformations of plastic additives into aqueous media. She investigates the relationship between carbon nanotube loading, ultraviolet light, temperature and pH on the release of Bisphenol A, a known endocrine disruptor. She also explores suspect screening and targeted analysis to identify and quantify potentially hazardous plastic additives released into water.
- Office Location: 384D Gross Hall
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.A. Marine Science - University of California - Berkeley
- Polymer additives release and transformation
- Targeted and suspect screening analysis