Dr. Getzinger is an Environmental Chemist specializing in the identification of organic contaminants by high-resolution mass spectrometry. As a research scientist in the Michael and Annie Falk Foundation Environmental Exposomics Laboratory, Dr. Getzinger works to develop chemical informatics tools for identifying unexpected or previously unreported contaminants in environmental media relevant to human and ecological health.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Office Location: 121 Hudson Hall Box 90287, Dept. of Civil and Environ. Engineering, Durham, NC 27708
- Postdoctoral Associate, ETH Zurich (2016-2019)
- PhD, Duke University (2016)
- BA, Chemistry, Loyola University Chicago (2010)
- BS, Environmental Science, Loyola University Chicago (2010)
- McGrath, J; Getzinger, G; Redman, AD; Edwards, M; Martin, A; Vaiopoulou, E, Application of the Target Lipid Model to Assess Toxicity of Heterocyclic Aromatic Compounds to Aquatic Organisms., Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (2021) [10.1002/etc.5194] [abs].
- Overdahl, KE; Gooden, D; Bobay, B; Getzinger, GJ; Stapleton, HM; Ferguson, PL, Characterizing azobenzene disperse dyes in commercial mixtures and children's polyester clothing., Environmental Pollution (Barking, Essex : 1987), vol 287 (2021) [10.1016/j.envpol.2021.117299] [abs].
- Getzinger, G; Ferguson, L, High-Throughput Trace-Level Suspect Screening for Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances in Environmental Waters by Peak-Focusing Online Solid Phase Extraction and High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry, Acs Es&T Water (2021) [abs].
- Overdahl, KE; Sutton, R; Sun, J; DeStefano, NJ; Getzinger, GJ; Ferguson, PL, Assessment of emerging polar organic pollutants linked to contaminant pathways within an urban estuary using non-targeted analysis., Environmental Science. Processes & Impacts, vol 23 no. 3 (2021), pp. 429-445 [10.1039/d0em00463d] [abs].
- Getzinger, GJ; Higgins, CP; Ferguson, PL, Structure Database and In Silico Spectral Library for Comprehensive Suspect Screening of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) in Environmental Media by High-resolution Mass Spectrometry., Analytical Chemistry, vol 93 no. 5 (2021), pp. 2820-2827 [10.1021/acs.analchem.0c04109] [abs].