Dr. Getzinger is an Environmental Chemist specializing in the identification of organic contaminants by high-resolution mass spectrometry. As a research scientist in the Michael and Annie Falk Foundation Environmental Exposomics Laboratory, Dr. Getzinger works to develop chemical informatics tools for identifying unexpected or previously unreported contaminants in environmental media relevant to human and ecological health.
Education and Training:
Postdoctoral Associate, ETH Zurich (2016-2019)
PhD, Duke University (2016)
BA, Chemistry, Loyola University Chicago (2010)
BS, Environmental Science, Loyola University Chicago (2010)
Appointments and Affiliations
- Office Location: 121 Hudson Hall Box 90287, Dept. of Civil and Environ. Engineering, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: +1 919 613 8461
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D., Duke University, 2016
- Getzinger, G; Higgins, CP; Ferguson, PL, Data and scripts from: A structure database and in silico spectral library for comprehensive suspect screening of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) in environmental media by high-resolution mass spectrometry (2020) [10.7924/r4c53n875] [abs].
- Getzinger, GJ; Ferguson, PL, Illuminating the exposome with high-resolution accurate-mass mass spectrometry and nontargeted analysis, Current Opinion in Environmental Science and Health, vol 15 (2020), pp. 49-56 [10.1016/j.coesh.2020.05.005] [abs].
- Evans, MV; Getzinger, G; Luek, JL; Hanson, AJ; McLaughlin, MC; Blotevogel, J; Welch, SA; Nicora, CD; Purvine, SO; Xu, C; Cole, DR; Darrah, TH; Hoyt, DW; Metz, TO; Lee Ferguson, P; Lipton, MS; Wilkins, MJ; Mouser, PJ, In situ transformation of ethoxylate and glycol surfactants by shale-colonizing microorganisms during hydraulic fracturing., The Isme Journal, vol 13 no. 11 (2019), pp. 2690-2700 [10.1038/s41396-019-0466-0] [abs].
- Manfrin, A; Nizkorodov, SA; Malecha, KT; Getzinger, GJ; McNeill, K; Borduas-Dedekind, N, Reactive Oxygen Species Production from Secondary Organic Aerosols: The Importance of Singlet Oxygen., Environmental Science & Technology, vol 53 no. 15 (2019), pp. 8553-8562 [10.1021/acs.est.9b01609] [abs].
- De Hoe, GX; Zumstein, MT; Getzinger, GJ; Rüegsegger, I; Kohler, H-PE; Maurer-Jones, MA; Sander, M; Hillmyer, MA; McNeill, K, Photochemical Transformation of Poly(butylene adipate- co-terephthalate) and Its Effects on Enzymatic Hydrolyzability., Environmental Science & Technology, vol 53 no. 5 (2019), pp. 2472-2481 [10.1021/acs.est.8b06458] [abs].